Some Questions re. class desc., LMs, & schedule boards

A place to provide all of NCI and NCI leadership with questions, suggestions, comments, or any other kind of feedback.
wendi

Some Questions re. class desc., LMs, & schedule boards

Post by wendi »

Hi everyone,

I've been bringing my RL students into SL and, since I've taken huge advantage of NCI's free classes and information for a long time (on my alt ;) ), I've wanted to give my students the same positive learning experiences and opportunities to meet cool people that I had...

I have a notecard I give my students as they arrive, which includes information about NCI (where the campuses are, how to find classes in the search, etc) but I need some info:

1. An updated list of landmarks. I found a kiosk that gave out an NCI Landmarks notecard, but it's out of date. I know there have been some changes and I edited my notecard to apply those changes, but I want to make sure I've get all the right information. I found some of this on the web page but I need to confirm that all my info is correct or that I haven't missed anything.

2. A list of class descriptions and prerequisites: I know this information was on the old web site, but I can't ifnd it anywhere on the new one (I hope I'm not missing the link; I'd feel pretty darn stupid).

3. Is it possible to get one of those huge schedule boards displayed on our college's land? That would save me a lot of time, as many students are constantly asking me, "..when is the xyz class at NCI?" and I get bored of always explaining the zillion ways in which they can easily find this information :P

Any info/answers would be greatly appreciated. Please feel free to reply here, reply via private message, in-world IM, whatever works for you. :)

Thank you, kindly! :)

"Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised. " ~Star Trek: Voyager Image

Wendi J (aka Wendi Lavendel in SL)
http://www.terminallearning.com
Afon
NCI Officer

Re: Some Questions re. class desc., LMs, & schedule boards

Post by Afon »

Hi Wendy,

1) I try to maintain the LM notecard given out by the schedule board, and I think its up to date at the moment.

2) One of the tasks on my list is to get the class description onto the web, but at the moment things on the site are still settling.

3) I don't see any issues with getting a schedule board on your land, though I would prefer to be the owner so that I can update it easily if I need to. I'll IM you in world.
Any sufficiently advanced information is indistinguishable from noise.
wendi

Re: Some Questions re. class desc., LMs, & schedule boards

Post by wendi »

Afon wrote:1) I try to maintain the LM notecard given out by the schedule board, and I think its up to date at the moment.
Ahhh ok, I didn't even realize one could click the schedule.. I was using some kind of "kiosk" at Kuula.. or maybe it was Beach, I forget...
Afon wrote: 2) One of the tasks on my list is to get the class description onto the web, but at the moment things on the site are still settling.

3) I don't see any issues with getting a schedule board on your land, though I would prefer to be the owner so that I can update it easily if I need to. I'll IM you in world.
Awesome, and no problem... Talk to you soon!

Thanks for the prompt reply :)

"Coffee, the finest organic suspension ever devised. " ~Star Trek: Voyager Image

Wendi J (aka Wendi Lavendel in SL)
http://www.terminallearning.com