If you are looking for help FROM NCI, or looking to sell something or hire someone outside NCI, this is not the place to post things. This thread is for legitimate NCI-sponsored roles and activities.
Thanks! Now to the first opportunity:
NCI has a large number of freebie boards all over NCI, and many different freebies. Commonly freebies has been handled by only one or two people: I've volunteered to help find new staff for freebies, and I'm thinking that having a few people might lighten the load and make the work easier. There are a number of aspects to the freebie activity, including:
- Freebie Champion = lead the freebie effort and own the overall responsibility;
- Selection and Quality = ensure quality control of existing freebies, including correct operation and permissions, suitability for our citizens, etc.;
- Sponsor Relations = maintain contact with new and existing citizens who wish to offer freebies for advertising or other purposes;
- Vendor Maintenance = check the existing vendors occasionally, update them as needed, liaise with LL and other location owners;
- Server Maintenance = provide textures as needed, box up freebies, load new freebies into the servers, remove obsolete ones;
- Freebie Software = make necessary changes to in-world and server software, and/or liaise with NCI IT or other software providers;
We have historically filled this role with one person, perhaps with a backup. Recently we had one person and a programmer/scripter. This time around, I'm interested in staffing the area a bit more flexibly, perhaps with a small team and a leader, the "Freebie Champion". We might accept a single person for all the work, but I believe it'll work much better with a small team.
This is a very responsible position, as the champion--and possibly team members--have access to the NCI freebie servers, and the database needs to be kept in good order.
If you think you might be interested, please do contact me and we can chat about it. If you have questions and concerns, let's try discussing them here. If nothing else, they will help me to improve this idea.
Please note ... not all candidates can be selected for all positions. The specific structure for this position will need to be ratified by my fellow Senior Land Officers, and probably by Tateru as well. I'm working to put together a small self-organizing team for this, and not everyone agrees that this is a good idea. I expect everything will come together smoothly, but one never knows.
This is an excellent chance to help our incoming new citizens, and I hope you'll consider doing your part. Please do get in touch. Thanks!