- The ads should appear when there is a class. The system has to know when there is a class going on.
- The system has to be able to deal with changes in class locations.
- We would like to have the system be able to target individual classes. For example, the ad board would need to know that a clothing class is going on to help target advertisers who are interested in this group of people.
- The system has to be easy to use and create the smallest burden possible on the instructors.
- Should we use sensors? Good part: They are accurate and easy. They also add to lag.
- Should it operate on a regular schedule. Problem: sometimes classes get changed or run late.
- Should the board operate by tough. Problem: instructors are busy and thinking about other things. It would be very easy to forget.
- Just have the instructors drop out an adboard and it self deletes in one hour. (Same problem as previous item.)
Any insight from instructors would be helpful. For example, if we gave you an ad display, how much of a distraction would it be to have to remember to put it up? How would the ad boards impact the classroom environment? (Ideally, we would not like to have these things in a classroom, but we also need to pay the bills.)