"Local" audio streams

Need help? Have a question about SL or NCI? Ask ask ask away!
Greg Coeur

"Local" audio streams

Post by Greg Coeur »

I want to turn off a radio program which started piping in when I entered a National Public Radio area (the Science Fridays program area). I do not want to turn off ALL audio -- I just don't want to hear the radio station playing.
How can I do this?
Thank you.

Greg Coeur
brand-new SL citizen
Gideon

Re: "Local" audio streams

Post by Gideon »

In the upper right hand corner of your screen, you will see a pause symbol. Click that to turn off your streaming radio :)

Hope that helps
Greg Coeur

Post by Greg Coeur »

Thank you.
Clicking the "pause" symbol (the double vertical bars, or lieutenant's bars) will shut off ALL audio, will it not?
Is there a way to just select a single particular audio stream, such as the National Public Radio stream, and turn it off, but leave other audio on?

Thank you.

GC
Gideon

Post by Gideon »

clicking the Pause button will turn off all streaming audio, but the radio streams are different at each place - if you don't like what you hear turn it off.. if you want to hear the music at another parcel, you can turn it back on.. you don't have the option of 'changing the channel'
Krystal Devonshire

Post by Krystal Devonshire »

You can also turn off the auto-play music in the advanced menu/sound & media tab. Uncheck allow media to auto-play there. Then it won't come back on each login unless you click the play/pause button in the upper right.
Greg Coeur

Post by Greg Coeur »

Very good. My thanks to you.