Plywood, is it useful?

Need help? Have a question about SL or NCI? Ask ask ask away!
PeaceSmythe
NCI Officer

Plywood, is it useful?

Post by PeaceSmythe »

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck
if a wood chuck could chuck wood?
Gideon

Re: Plywood, is it useful?

Post by Gideon »

A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.
Alaska Udimo

Post by Alaska Udimo »

But... What if he preferred gnawing?
o.o
*** I'd say that's my Two Cents worth, but sadly I ate the pennies... Oh well o.o
*** Alaska
PeaceSmythe
NCI Officer

Post by PeaceSmythe »

Then it would be quite miffed at termites.
Angr Valeur

Post by Angr Valeur »

Woodchucks Chucking Wood

I think that the woodchuck could chuck as much wood as he wanted! By the way what is a wood chuck? Is it like a gopher? This is difficult to question answer. The amount of wood that woodchucks would chuck on a given day varies greatly with the individual woodchuck. According to a Wall Street Journal article, New York State wildlife expert Richard Thomas found that a woodchuck could chuck around 35 cubic feet of dirt in the course of digging a burrow. Thomas reasoned that if a woodchuck could chuck wood, he would chuck an amount equal to 700 pounds.
Some say it depends on three factors:
•The woodchuck's desire to chuck said wood.
•The woodchuck's need to chuck the aforementioned wood.
•The woodchuck's ability to chuck the wood.

Others say:
•He would chuck, he would, as much as he could, if a woodchuck could chuck wood.
•If he could chuck wood, the woodchuck would chuck as much as he could!
•A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.
•A woodchuck would chuck all the wood that the woodchuck would chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.
•If a woodchuck could chuck wood, he would and should chuck wood. But if woodchucks can't chuck wood, they shouldn't and wouldn't chuck wood. Though were I a woodchuck, and I chucked wood, I would chuck wood with the best woodchucks that chucked wood.
•If a woodchuck could chuck wood, then s/he'd chuck all the wood, s/he'd chuck and chuck and chuck and chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood.
•It would chuck the amount of wood that she sells seashells on the seashore divided by how many pickles Peter Piper picks.
•One quarter of a sycamore if you give him a quarter for every quarter of the sycamore he cut.
•It might depend on how many female woodchucks were present. Or, it could depend on whether the woodchuck's mother-in-law was around or not. If she was, he'd be chucking all day. If not, he'd be watching the football game.
•Some maintain that woodchucks could not and would not chuck wood at all.
•It depends on how good his dentures are!
•A woodchuck, would chuck, as much wood, as a woodchuck, could chuck, If a woodchuck could chuck wood. But unfortunately, woodchucks do not chuck wood.
•About 5.72 fluid litres of wood
•About as many boards as the Mongol hoards would hoard if the Mongol hordes did hoard boards.
•Um....... 23????
•Tons. More than you can count. Honestly. No one can chuck more would than a woodchuck.
•If the woodchucks name was Maurice, then it could chuck all the wood that it wants to. However, if its name is Frank, no chucking would be for it.
•Due to the average size of a wood chuck and the general density of wood (not including cork) if a wood chuck could chuck wood it would probably get through about 6.573 pounds per day, assuming the wood chuck is functioning correctly.
•Using the formula: (W + I) * C where W = the constant of wood, which is well known to be 61, as agreed in many scientific circles. I = the variable in this equation, and stands for the word "if" from the original problem. As there are three circumstances, with 0 equaling the chance that the woodchuck cannot chuck wood, 1 being the theory that the woodchuck can chuck wood but chooses not to, and 2 standing for the probability that the woodchuck can and will chuck wood, we clearly must choose 2 for use in this equation. C = the constant of Chuck Norris, whose presence in any problem involving the word chuck must there, is well known to equal 1.1 of any known being, therefore the final part of this calculation is 1.1. As is clear, this appears to give the answer of (61 + 2) * 1.1 = (63) * 1.1 = 69.3. However, Chuck Norris' awesome roundhouse kick declares that all decimal points cannot be used in formulas such as this, and so it must be rounded to the final solution of 69 units of wood.
•How Chuck Norris got involve: A woodchuck would only chuck as much would as Chuck Norris would allow it to, because the woodchuck shares Chuck's name. Therefore, Chuck must punish it and make it chuck as much wood as Chuck can. So, a woodchuck would chuck as much wood as Chuck could.
•None cuz a wood chuck cant chuck wood! :P
•Approximately 3.9675 pounds every 5.6843 seconds. So there.
•2.865 lbs every 11.3686 Seconds?
•About 15 pounds a minute.

A wood chuck would chuck as much wood as a wood chuck could chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood. Note: There are comments associated with this question. See the discussion page to add to the conversation.

source: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_wood ... chuck_wood