NCI Group Membership Maintainence

Important Announcements about NCI and these forums
PeaceSmythe
NCI Officer

NCI Group Membership Maintainence

Post by PeaceSmythe »

It's been over a year since we pruned the NCI group list. Over the intervening months it has crufted up with a lot of people who have not come back to SL. This has made group maintence difficult and has made group invitations not as automatic as it used to be.

To correct this, I am pruning folks who haven't been on SL in six months or longer off of the list.This has been done in the past and has not caused trauma. Folks removed in this manner are done so without malice or prejudice and we implore them to sign up again by normal means if they come back to SL. It's just that in it's success, NCI has far exceeded LL's practical roster limits.

Due to complications, this cleaning may last a few more days. But when the list is all spiffy and shiney, I'll post a cleaning schedual so that life should be less troublesome and the silver gets polished regularly ;).

Peace
PeaceSmythe
NCI Officer

Re: NCI Group Membership Maintainence

Post by PeaceSmythe »

I'm going to continue this practice around the end of each month, and post benchmark notes here as on this thread for anyone interested. I'll also put out a notice in the main NCI group a few days ahead of time so folks get used to seeing it there.

Peace
PeaceSmythe
NCI Officer

Post by PeaceSmythe »

For those who have been observant, I have finally pared things down to stated goals plus a buffer so that folks won't risk having their entry pruned prematurely. Our membership now stands at 8,600. At least by my viewer, this is easily enough to be able to issue normal group invites again. ( Faint cheering in the distance. )

Peace
PeaceSmythe
NCI Officer

Post by PeaceSmythe »

Moved to the SLO forum
--Peace