New NCI Proposals

A place to provide all of NCI and NCI leadership with questions, suggestions, comments, or any other kind of feedback.
Loris Talon

New NCI Proposals

Post by Loris Talon »

This new thread is for posting my proposals for NCI.
Afon
NCI Officer

Re: New NCI Proposals

Post by Afon »

I'd suggest a separate thread for each proposal. :)
Any sufficiently advanced information is indistinguishable from noise.
Loris Talon

Post by Loris Talon »

I agree, I wonder whether creating several threads inside this one is a good idea, I don't want to spam the main page.
Afon
NCI Officer

Post by Afon »

I'm not sure you can create threads within threads. I thin that I'll suggest to Lethe that a Proposal group be created, accessible by Helpers, LOs, Instructors, and BoD.
Grandma Bates

Post by Grandma Bates »

Is this a proposal to make a place to make and discuss proposals that will eventually be proposed and voted?
Loris Talon

Post by Loris Talon »

It can be whatever we want it to be, but in origin it was just a place where people can read my proposals and discuss them. Of course everybody can add their proposals.
Afon
NCI Officer

Post by Afon »

Having one thread to discus all proposals dose not make sense. I don;t think we want them to be one for everyone to read, so the best option is to create a section for them. I didn't manage to chat to Lethe last night, I'll try to night.
Grandma Bates

Post by Grandma Bates »

Afon wrote:Having one thread to discus all proposals dose not make sense. I don;t think we want them to be one for everyone to read, so the best option is to create a section for them. I didn't manage to chat to Lethe last night, I'll try to night.
So you propose to make a proposal to Ms Lethe to create a forum on proposals that can be proposed to members for voting?
Loris Talon

Post by Loris Talon »

Not necessarily proposals should be voted. I think that proposals should be just hints to the board. Proposals will provide informations, new ideas and visions coming from simple members, helpers, officers, even directors. Then directors can, in total autonomy, decide or not to make them theirs and approve them in their official meetings.

About the form of this section of forum, I would agree with Afon, I think a directory of subforums, one for each proposal, would be very efficient. I ask Lethe to find the best solution and propose it. Also it would be interesting if we can automatically number the proposal (is this a proposal? :) )

It is time for members, each of them in their own role, to actively contribute and tuck up theirs sleeves for NCI. Our survival as a community is just the start, we aim to ambitious goals, what they are will spring also from this forum. Our past has been great, our future is in our hands.